Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Book Reviews

Summer is upon us, and I find that summer just begs for a good book. This is a problem for me since I tend to get engrossed in a book and neglect my schoolwork, but that is beside the point. Oh how I wish for the lazy summer days of undergrad when I would spend hours poolside reading!
 
Here are some books that I've loved lately:
 
I read Carole Radziwill's memoir about her life with her late husband (and the Kennedys) years ago when it came out and absolutely loved it. Yes, it is wrenching to read, but a really well written book. I had to read her new fiction book that she released this year. It didn't disappoint! It was a little slow in the middle, but had a great ending. Carole write very well, and I love her on RHNY.
 
 
The Affair by Colette Freedman was a book I couldn't put down. Given the title of the book, I don't think I'm giving anything away by saying that it is about an affair. What makes this book so interesting is that it is told from three points of view, the wife, the husband, and the mistress. Overall a really good read. I read the sequel, The Consequences as well. It wasn't as quite as good, but I had to find out what happened next and was satisfied with the ending.
 
 
Tempting Fate by Jane Green was a quick and easy read, but a little more substantial than your typical beach read. I've only read one of her other books, but I will definitely be reading more in the future.
 
 
I've mentioned that I've read this book a time or two already, but it's Emily Giffin and I love her so much that it gets another recommendation from me. I love all of her books, so it was no surprise that I finished this one in a few days.
 
 
I read super fast so I am always taking book recommendations. If you are reading something you like, let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I need some new books, so thanks! Hopefully I can find some time to actually read soon!

    ReplyDelete