We had an absolutely wonderful and fun filled weekend. Friday when I got home after barre Nick told me he wasn't sure what to wear to the Carolina Cup on Saturday. We went to Belk and got him some great stuff. Afterwards we had dinner at Firehouse. As soon as we got home I had to teach myself how to tie a bowtie. After a few false starts, I am happy to say that I now have that skill.
Saturday morning we packed Nick's truck and made our way to Camden. It is only about 30 minutes from where we live, so that was convenient. It had been about 12 years since I'd been to the Carolina Cup.
The Cup was everything I hoped it would be. It was Nick's first time going, and he says he would love to go again. We walked through college park, and it made me think maybe I didn't have enough fun in college. I was pretty quiet in college. I dated the same person the whole time I was at USC (which was a mistake). I've actually never even been in the Greek Village at USC. I had several girlfriends date boys in AGR at Clemson and have been to that house many times, but that is the only fraternity house or fraternity parties I went to in college.
We decided next year we will get a spot in the infield. While I had an amazing time, I hope it will be warmer next year. It was about 56 degrees and windy, which was COLD!
I met a twin!
I LOVE Nick's outfit
After the race, we got Rush's and went home for a much needed nap. Sunday we didn't make it to church, but I did get some work done in our garden. Nick worked outside almost all day.
Have a great Monday! Looks like I am in for another busy week.
I am slowly starting to put up some of our Easter decorations. I absolutely LOVE Easter. I was pretty good about working ahead in school before we left for Mexico, so this week has not been too stressful. Things have been pretty busy at work, but our big event was yesterday so it is really all downhill now. I confess that I have spent every night this week watching Southern Charm and Party Down South. I also usually put Gossip Girl (Netflix) on while I am folding laundry or doing other chores upstairs. I should probably stop this soon and get back to the books.
Wreath I made last year
Bunny salad plates (Williams Sonoma) I received as a gift off our registry last year
Tomorrow is Friday, friends!! Have a wonderful weekend. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the forecast will change and it will warm up for the Carolina Cup on Saturday.
Guess who's back?! We got back from six days in Mexico Friday night, and things have been non-stop ever since we landed. It was so good to get away from all the craziness!
Here is a quick recap of our trip. We went back to El Dorado Royale, which is where we went for our honeymoon last April. I recapped that trip pretty well, so I am going to keep this trip recap short and sweet.
I cannot say enough good things about El Dorado Royale. You really cannot beat the customer service you get there. We got treated like royalty all week. We went with another couple that we are friends with, this is the same couple we went to Saint John with in 2012. Two weddings and one baby later, it was time for another trip.
If you know me, you know I love food. Some of my favorite foods were:
mushroom soup at Santa Fe
Ahi Tuna at JoJo's
garlic cream soup at Cocotal
Goat cheese quiche at Cocotal
We did an excursion on Tuesday. Part of the excursion was zip lining. I am afraid of heights and was, no exaggeration, crying on the platform before the first line. Nick had to pretty much refuse to let me go back down the steps, and I am so glad he did. It was AMAZING, and really not very scary at all. We also paddled in a little raft through a grotto.
In the past, I haven't worked out on vacation. I actually thought people who did were out of control and needed to chill. However, then I always felt like I was starting back at zero after a big trip. This time around, I did a yoga class and took a bike tour. The yoga class was probably one of the best things I've ever done in my whole life. The class I took was on the end of a pier as the sun was coming up one morning.
We also got a massage on the beach, and that was perfection.
Here are some of our pics:
We went prom 2000 style and rode to the resort in a limo
Dinner early in the week
Supper at Santa Fe
Playa Del Carmen
I absolutely love this picture of flags against the blue sky
Our last full day in Mexico we took a taxi into Playa Del Carmen. It was a great way to spend the last day. I got lots of fun souvenirs (mostly gifts), and we had lunch by the beach.
Saturday morning I had a stuttering lab for school, Sunday was spent at church and doing chores, and it is a crazy week at my work with week with several big events. I also have a test tomorrow. Needless to say, I am already looking forward to the weekend. Does you have crazy weeks like this?
1. We leave for Mexico on Saturday and things have been a bit crazy for me trying to get ready to leave. It is Spring Break, but I've had to study and take two tests this week. I have a professor who is very kindly letting me take a final early. The class doesn't last the entire semester and ends next week. I will be glad to be through with Clinical Eval.
2. I keep playing with and moving things around in our house. I'll look at something for a while and then decide something doesn't look right. This is currently our china cabinet. We are also thinking about getting hardwood on the stairs and in the landing upstairs. It is VERY needed. Trinket has had several "accidents" and those are high traffic areas. I have Stanley Steemer coming in two weeks, but really I think the carpet just needs to be replaced with hardwood.
3. I am not the most gifted gardener. In the past I've done well with growing tomatoes, but that's about it. I also do really well with plants at work, but then kill plants at home. This year I want to keep it simple, and do hydrangeas and hostas. I saw this on Pinterest and I love how it looks. I really want to do better this year.
4. The Bachelor. I am SO happy he chose Whitney. She is a really great girl. I hope they will not be like every other couple from The Bachelor and break up. I am looking forward to The Bachelorette! I am also happy that Party Down South is back. Hannah Hott Dogg has made things interesting.
Tomorrow will be crazy taking my Clinical Eval final and getting ready to leave for Mexico. I also work tomorrow. I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend and next week!
These are just fun to do, and I guess I do not really want to pay attention to this lecture on Adult Assessment.
1. What’s your favorite candle scent? I love Stargazer Lilly and Lemon Lavender, both from Yankee Candle Co. 2. What female celebrity do you wish was your sister? Former Miss USA Ali Landry or Cameron Diaz 3. What male celebrity do you wish was your brother? Chris Harrison because he seems nice, and then he could let me in on The Bachelor and The Bachelorette inside scoop. 4. How old do you think you’ll be when you get married? I was 29 5. Do you know a hoarder? Quite well 6. Can you do a split? Not turned out anymore, but yes 7. How old were you when you learned how to ride a bike? 6 8. How many oceans have you swam in? I think 3 (Atlantic, Pacific, Caribbean) 9. How many countries have you been to? 3 - Mexico, Bahamas, British Virgin Islands 10. Is anyone in your family in the army? Not presently 11. What would you name your daughter if you had one? AnnaCatherine or Shelby. Shelby has been my favorite girl name since I saw Steel Magnolias for the first time in 8th grade. I like Ashton for a middle name. I like Ansley as well. 12. What would you name your son if you had one? Little Nick I guess. I like Chase and Preston ok too. 13. What’s the worst grade you got on a test? I'm sure I've blocked it b/c of the pain 14. What was your favorite TV show when you were a child? I didn't watch much tv growing up, but I liked Hey, Dude! on Nickelodeon, The Amazing Gummy Bears, and Adventures into Wonderland on the Disney Channel. 15. What did you dress up as on Halloween when you were eight? Being from an Arabic-American household I was Princess Jasmine every year for years running. Complete with real Arabian horse. 16. Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight series? Harry Potter - No. Hunger Games - Yes. Twilight - Yes. 17. Would you rather have an American accent or a British accent? Southern American 18. Did your mother go to college? yes, Clemson 19. Are your grandparents still married? Yes, both sets 20. Have you ever taken karate lessons? Yes 21. Do you know who Kermit the frog is? It's not easy being green. 22. What’s the first amusement park you’ve been to? Disneyworld 23. What language, besides your native language, would you like to be fluent in? Arabic, why didn't I learn more growing up? 24. Do you spell the color as grey or gray? gray 25. Is your father bald? Since the '80s! And he's only 50. 26. Do you know triplets? I don't 27. Do you prefer Titanic or The Notebook? The Notebook 28. Have you ever had Indian food? Yes, I had several close friends in college that were Indian. Love you Ekta and Tejal. 29. What’s the name of your favorite restaurant? The Islander. Gervais and Vine. Saluda's. Motor Supply. Swanson's.Chick Fil-A. 30. Have you ever been to Olive Garden? Yes 31. Do you belong to any warehouse stores (Costco, BJ’s, etc.)? Sam's, but only because Nick joined 32. What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender? I don't think my Mom had a boy name 33. If you have a nickname, what is it? Frankie, Ruffles 34. Who’s your favorite person in the world? Nick 35. Would you rather live in a rural area or in the suburbs? I am a 'burbs girl 36. Can you whistle? Not very well 37. Do you sleep with a nightlight? No, I like complete blackout and even wear a sleepmask sometimes 38. Do you eat breakfast every morning? Always, it gets your metabolism started for the day 39. Do you take any pills or medication daily? Accutane and BC 40. What medical conditions do you have? asthma,acne 41. How many times have you been to the hospital? Many times for asthma, once for a broken arm from falling off above mentioned horse. 42. Have you ever seen Finding Nemo? Yes, when I was babysitting this crazy guy's kid while my friend Ashley was on a date with him. 43. Where do you buy your jeans? I have issues with never liking jeans. The ones I like the best are Kut from the Kloth (from TJ Maxx) and Lilly Pulitzer jeans. 44. What’s the last compliment you got? My coworker complimented my bun today. 45. Do you usually remember your dreams in the morning? I actually just had one that my ex-boyfriend tried to kidnap me. 46. What flavor tea do you enjoy? Peppermint in winter 47. How many pairs of shoes do you currently own? About 10 - I mostly just wear flats in the winter and Jacks in the summer. 48. What religion will you raise your children to practice? We are Methodist. 49. How old were you when you found out that Santa wasn’t real? I still believe in the magic of Christmas in my heart. Plus you get more gifts when you believe in Santa. 50. Why do you have a tumblr? So I can look at pictures and post pictures
Saturday night I saw Fleetwood Mac, and they are absolutely amazing. I went with my long time friend Jessica, who I know from home. We both had so much fun.
We were planning on having dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, however they were on a two and a half hour wait. We went to Chuy's instead, and it was pretty good. It wasn't as good as Cantina 76 here in Columbia, but it was still good and the portions are huge.
I got chills when Fleetwood Mac first got on stage! I have wanted to see them for probably ten years now. Thank you to Nick for the tickets! The played lots of their big hits. Some of my favorites from the night were Little Lies and Gypsy. They closed with Silver Springs, another one of my favorites.
All the members of FM look great. Christine is 71, and she looks terrific. They rocked for three solid hours. They told great stories, and they all kept saying how happy they are to have the band back together.
Sunday morning, after only four hours of sleep, hubs and I got up and went to Bikram Yoga. We went to the one on Forest Drive and it was a wonderful experience. Seeing as though I already have a pure barre package, I am probably the last person who should purchase more boutique fitness classes, but I will probably go back to Bikram. It was Nick's first yoga class, and he did really well with it. I was happy to see there were other dudes there. The class was about 50/50 men and women. The staff was really nice, and the atmosphere was really laid back. Anything goes. The girl behind me had purple hair. I think we might go again this week if we can coordinate our schedules.
The time change has done me in this morning! I am dragging. Have a great Monday.
First off, the good news is that it is March! Spring can't be far off now, and I am ready.
I had a fun filled weekend. I know now I will be scrambling to study for two tests that I have coming up, but it was nice to take a break. I spent the whole weekend at my Mom's house. Friday I got off of work a little early and drove to the upstate. I had dinner at the Islander and saw some old friends. Their food is SO good!! And very reasonably priced. A night out at the Islander is not what I am used to spending for night out at say Gervias and Vine, and their food is phenomenal.
Saturday morning my Mom and I went to get coffee and mani/pedis. We went to Tammy's in Clemson. Not only does Tammy have super reasonable prices, but she does a great job. She is so cute! I don't think my nails have ever looked this good. I will for sure be going back there.
I met my good friends the twins for lunch, and then wound up at the Islander again for supper that evening. Later that night my mom and I watched some old Gilmore Girls. Sunday before I left we went to see the Fifty Shades of Grey movie. The movie stayed pretty true to the book, and was pretty good. I really enjoyed it. I want to visit Seattle now! I think I also want a red Audi like Ana's.
If you enjoyed reading the book, you do not want to miss the movie. I didn't realize Dakota Johnson is Don Johnson's daughter. I really want to know if her Daddy saw the movie.
Have a wonderful Monday! I will be trying to get back into the grind. Barre and studying are on my agenda for tonight.