Friday, September 27, 2013

Milwaukee Recap

This week has kicked my @$$, so I am just now getting around to posting Part II of Siblings Weekend.
 
Friday after Starbucks and watching a few episodes of Orange is the New Black, we took a train to Milwaukee. Nick's sister, who we hadn't seen since Christmas, picked us up from the train station and shortly after we were on our way to our brewery tour.
 
We took a tour of Lakefront Brewery and it was the best time. We all loved our tour guide, Jason.
 

We had dinner at Café Benelux in the historic Third Ward of Milwaukee. Dinner was a blast and we never made it out that night. We ended up back at our hotel. The next day we were back out bright and early to watch the Iowa Hawkeyes football game.
 

After a detour to Coyote Ugly, we went to Miller Park to cheer for our Cardinals.
 

It's only September and already cold in Wisconsin. Everyone laughed at me for thinking it was cold, however I was happy for a chance to wear my fall clothes.
 

 
We spent the night in Nick's sister's new house and got the chance to meet her new beau. Sadly, the next day was Sunday and after lunch at the Cheesecake Factory we were Southbound. It's always so hard to come back to reality after an amazing vacation.
 
I was sad to leave and Nick and I both look forward to seeing everyone again at the holidays. The way this semester is going, the holidays cannot get here soon enough for me.
 
TGIF!!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! I would have jumped at the chance to wear boots and a scarf too! Iowa fans are die hards! LSU played them in a bowl game a few years back and me and my ex-boyfriend went to it. I was shocked at how many people from Charlotte we saw there that were Iowa fans!

    ReplyDelete