Monday, May 12, 2014

Weekend Recap

We had a great weekend at home - our first weekend at home as newlyweds!
 
Friday I got off work early, and we took both dogs on a boat ride. It was our first time taking the boat out since last summer. I am desperately hoping we will have a summer full of good, sunny weather after the awful rainy summer we had last year. I still feel cheated.
 
It was Trinket's first time on a boat, and she loved it. I was very surprised. I am going to find her a (pink, of course, and hopefully monogrammed too) life vest and take her again.
 

Saturday we ran some errands, including using some of our Bed, Bath, & Beyond gift cards, which was a lot of fun. I love my new door mat! Saturday night we went over to another couple's house for dinner. Our friend that married us and his wife were there also, as well as all of their kids. It was a fun night.
 
Sunday is when things got interesting. It seems like there is never a dull moment for us. The bilge pump in our boat went out while we were out in it. Problems quickly ensued. She is now at the mechanic's. I am hoping she can get all fixed up and back in commission. Our boat is a twenty year old Crownline, but we take good care of it, and I am hoping we can get several more summers out of it. I really want her to last until I finish grad school.
 
This is a pic collage I made for Mother's Day. I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!
 
 
Honeymoon Recap coming soon!



4 comments:

  1. Oh, NO, on the boat!! That's so frustrating! Yesterday would have been a beautiful day to be on the water. Hopefully it's fixed soon and it doesn't cost a fortune! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, your wedding was beautiful and you were a gorgeous bride! Praying for many many years of happiness together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats again Mrs. Fran ;-) can't wait to read the honeymoon recap! Hope you had a fun filled furry Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still playing catch up with blogs, you looked absolutely beautiful in your dress!

    ReplyDelete