Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Honeymoon Recap Part I

I will be honest, right now I am LOVING not having any classes in May. It's like Christmas in May. Last night I was in bed by 8:30 watching tv. I normally don't so much as turn the tv on on weekdays. HOWEVER, I am sad the honeymoon is over. I don't miss wedding planning for a minute, it stressed me out way too much. But I am sad the honeymoon is over. It was such a great week and I looked forward to it for so long.
 
We got up super early the morning after our wedding, and hightailed it to the Columbia airport. Even though we were in GA, we wanted to fly in and out of Columbia so we could get Yadi back from Camp Bow Wow on Sunday night. We flew to Charlotte to change planes and ended up sitting on the runway for two hours and going nowhere. Our flight was cancelled due to mechanical problems. Some of the people on our flight were really upset, but my grandfather was a commercial (and US Marine) pilot for many years, so I understood and we weren't upset. We spent the night in Charlotte and had dinner at The Cheesecake Factory (my favorite). We flew into the Cancun airport the next morning and got to our resort that afternoon.
 
We stayed at the El Dorado Casitas Royale  and it was A.MAZ.ING.
 
The first night of our honeymoon. We had dinner at D'Italia this night and then saw a mariachi band.
 
 
Going to breakfast our first full day (Tuesday).
 
 

 
  My new monogram at the beach (thanks Catherine!).
 
 
 Dinner Tuesday night at Santa Fe.
 
 
OK I am off to use my lunch break to run some errands for a baby shower this Saturday. The shower is for one of my closest friends, who was the MOH in our wedding. I am in charge of decorations. I may sneak in a lunch at Chick Fil A too!
 
Happy Tuesday everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh!! You were in my city! If you ever get back this way, email me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that beach pic looks ahhhmazing. I get the honeymoon was perfect after the stress of wedding planning! I can't wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay so I have finally caught up on all the wedding and honeymoon posts! Your wedding looked fabulous! I am so glad everything worked out for yall! Minus the little plane blunder! Congrats! You were beautiful!

    ReplyDelete