Thursday, April 23, 2015

One Year

First of all, HOW has it been a year already?! This weekend Nick and I will be heading to Savannah to celebrate our one year anniversary. 
 
I remember this week last year in so much detail, and it feels like it just happened yesterday. This year has flown by, maybe more so than any other year so far in my life.
 
 It has been full of good times. Spending Christmas in our house for the first time was one of the highlights for me.  
 
One of  the best things I have done for myself and my marriage this year is to join a church and start attending Sunday school.

Certainly we have been through a few trying times. I try to always keep things positive on my blog though. I write candidly about mistakes I've made in my past, and am an open book about a lot of things. Our home life is not one of them.  
 
I am also a big believer in only speaking well about your husband. This is something I learned in my Sunday school class. My husband makes that pretty easy to do, and I should do it more often! 
 
This may seem minute, but with all this rain we've been having this spring I have been so appreciative that Nick put new windshield wipers on my car. He saw I needed them, and took care of it. After you have been a single woman living alone, that is HUGE!  
 
4-26-2014 
 
Nick is certainly much better than I deserve, and God has blessed me immeasurably by sending him into my life. He is my "immeasurably more." (Ephesians 3:20)
 
 I would strongly encourage single ladies not to settle, but to wait on God's perfect timing. When I graduated college at twenty-three, I was READY. But, the plans God had for me were much better. Nick is better than anymore I could have dreamed of ending up with.  
 
I will also say that I read one of Patti Stanger's books when I was single, and she has you make a list of what you want in a partner. Nick is probably 80% of that list. I wish I'd kept it, but I became disgusted with it and put it in the incinerator at my old apartment. (Thanks Patti!)  
 
From the time I was a little girl, I've always wanted to get married for the companionship. I've found that in Nick.  
 
4-26-2014
 
Most of all, this year has been FUN! I look forward to many more happy years together.
 
So, happy anniversary Nick.
 
 photo fran_zps8ed6144f.png

3 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet post! I'm so thankful for you sharing your first year of marriage as I am about to marry my very best friend at the end of May :) Your such a great influence and I just wanted to say congratulations on your one year anniversary! Make sure to share your Savannah trip because that's where I'll be headed on my honeymoon :)

    xoxo, SS

    The Southern Stylista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I can not believe it has been a year already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! I also believe in only speaking well about a spouse. I don't agree with people who trash-talk their husbands/wives. Your spouse should be the one person who you can count on. One reason why I deleted my Facebook was being tired of reading the immature garbage that people post about the person who they claim to be in love with.

    ReplyDelete