Wednesday, April 29, 2015

One Year Anniversary Recap

We had an absolutely wonderful first anniversary weekend! I have been swamped with school, so I am just now getting around the recapping it.
 
Saturday morning we dropped Yadi off at Camp Bow Wow, and made the drive down to Savannah. The weather was absolutely terrible. As soon as we arrived, we stopped for a drink at one of our usual places, the Blue Moon Tavern, and then got lunch at Treylor Park. Lunch was to die for! We had fried chicken and waffle fries nachos.
 
Treylor Park nachos
 
 The Cotton Exchange and gray skies.
 
We checked into our hotel room and took a nap. Later we went back out. There was a break in the rain for a while, but not for long. I told Nick I was going to show him how to hurricane party.
 
 drink at Boar's Head
 
We were supposed to have a carriage ride Saturday evening. The rain stopped for a while, but as soon as our horse arrived it was supposed to storm again so our horse had to leave. This horse is Salt, and we had his brother Pepper for a carriage ride last year. I love Draft horses. They are such gentle giants.
 
 Our horse Salt before he had to leave
 
We walked to our dinner reservations since our horse had to leave. We got caught in a terrible downpour. At that point, I didn't care. It wasn't cold and the weather was so bad it was comical. Not one, but BOTH of my little gold metallic flip flops blew out as we were trying to make it to dinner. I ended up eating in a very nice restaurant with no shoes!
 
We ate at Circa 1875, and we will for sure be going back. Everything there was so good.
 
Sunday morning we woke up to a gorgeous day. We had breakfast at Huey's, and then walked around Forsyth Park.  We stopped in the gift shop at the Mercer Williams house and I got some stationary.
 
 Forsyth Park
 
 I wish I could spend every Sunday afternoon here
 
On the way home we stopped in Hampton and I showed Nick where I competed in the Watermelon Festival Pageant. Their festival is a lot of fun, and I hope to go back someday. Out of all the pageants I competed in, that was my favorite and the most fun.
 
 Hampton SC
 
Sunday evening I made Cowboy Lasagna and we had champagne and wedding cake for dessert. I think I am the only person to say this - we totally lucked out and our wedding cake was really good!
 
In fact, it was so good I was afraid I was going to eat it all week, so I brought it to work and everyone that tried it said it was good.
 
 Our wedding cake a year later
 
Have a wonderful rest of the week!
 
 photo fran_zps8ed6144f.png

6 comments:

  1. How fun! After seeing all of your pictures from Savannah I am so excited to go for my honeymoon now & I've noted all of the places you mentioned so my fiance' and I can go try them out!

    xoxo, SS

    The Southern Stylista

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun-filled weekend! Happy Anniversary Fran & Nick :) May God bless you two with a lifetime of love and great memories.

    www.lovecompassionatelee.com/thinkoutloud

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! I hope my husband and I can go to Savannah sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats great that the wedding cake was good. We didnt even attempt to freeze ours and just decided to buy a replica instead! HAPPY ANNI!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our wedding cake was AWESOME after one year. I really think it depends on how you wrap it up and store it in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete