Monday, January 5, 2015

Guest Room Redo!

Good morning friends! It was so weird to get up at six am this morning and come into work. I had about two weeks off, but feel like I haven't worked in at least a month. We had an absolutely wonderful break. I am not going to recap it because I Instagrammed all the photos already. It was relaxing to spend Christmas at home, and our trip to Jacksonville for the TaxSlayer Bowl was great. 
 
If I do not have anything else to blog about, I may blog about our trip to Jacksonville one day this week.
 
Right now I am busy thinking about a redo for our guest room. Our guest room is super super plain. The furniture is the furniture that was in our bedroom before we got new furniture, and the few things in there are things I had from when I was single.
 
 
See, super plain! I spent every penny I made on our wedding last year, so now I want to start really decorating our house.
 
 
I love neutrals, and use mostly neutrals in our house, with some turquoise accents. For this guest room, I think I want to go a bit bolder. I am thinking about navy and green or navy and pink. I would like to keep the turquoise lamp in there if possible.
 

 
I LOVE this bedding from Pottery Barn Teen and may very well be ordering it within the next few days.

 
Do you love this bedding? I would love any input. I hope everyone had a wonderful break!
 photo fran_zps8ed6144f.png

2 comments:

  1. I really like the theme in the last picture. It has a somewhat "beachy" feel, and you could use the turquoise lamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two weeks off?! Woo! That's awesome! Glad you enjoyed it! I'm in the same boat as you are with creating a guest bedroom! Our's has a futon and an office desk so your already a step ahead of me by having actual furniture. Lol. I love your inspiration pictures! And all of those beddings are pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete