Monday, December 16, 2013

Girl's Weekend in Charleston!

Saturday morning my partner in crime Ashley and I hit the road for our girls weekend. First stop was a quick look at the beach, then on to see one of our good friends and her new baby girl.
 
As I was zipping along the Isle of Palms connector I noticed the unwelcome sight of blue lights in my rearview. I got pulled over for speeding, by luckily when I told the officer that we were bringing a casserole to our friend who just had a baby and he saw the cooler in the backseat he let me go with a waning.  
 
I am obsessed with holding this sweet, beautiful baby.
 

We had lunch at Poe's on Sullivan's Island and it was delicious! After lunch we checked into our hotel and lounged for a few hours. It was raining and super windy, so not the best weather to go exploring. We headed back out that evening and met Blair, who I know from reading her blog Reasonably Swanky, and her friend Jennifer at Vickery's. Dinner was so much fun and they are both just the sweetest!
 
 
 Sunday morning we woke up to much better weather, thankfully. We had an amazing brunch at Magnolias. I had never been to Magnolias before, but wanted to go since it's in the Tradd St. Series by Karen White. We explored the market, and I found a gift to give to Nick for our engageaversary. Santa came through the market and we had to take a picture with him. We took a bike cab to the Battery next. We passed lots of beautiful homes on the way to Battery Park. I snapped pictures of the Sword Gate on Legare St., and lots of other scenery.
 
 
Overall it was a great, and much needed, trip!! Ashley and I have had some fun trips, and this one was definitely one of the best. I would LOVE to own a second home in Charleston or Beaufort one day. I hope after I finish school that will become a reality and not just a dream!
 
Have a great day!
 
p.s. I will be back soon to share the Get Out of  Speeding Ticket Casserole recipe. I made one to leave for Nick to eat while I was gone and we both thought it was good.



2 comments: