Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Home Tour {Living Room}

This is my first home tour post. As I get more of our house decorated, I will post more. It's a process! I got rid of all of my furniture when I moved into Nick's house because honestly it was beat up from college and being well-loved for many years. This house is bigger than anything either of us have lived in before, so we still need a lot. As in, I have an empty dining room, and a guest room that is also completely bare. I spent about every penny I made on our wedding for over a year, so now that that is over, I am finally making some headway on our home. I am really pleased with the progress I've made recently, but still have a long ways to go.
 
This is our house from the outside. I tried to pick two pictures that aren't too identifying, and don't show a house number. A few years ago, before I met my husband, I had an ex-boyfriend who wouldn't leave me alone after we broke up, and sometimes I worry that I am not being cautious enough by having a public blog.
 
Waterlogue app pic of our house this February when it snowed
 
 Christmas 2012
 
We got our furniture at Haverty's and it just arrived in July. Trinket is serving as your tour guide. I had been waiting on the canvas from our wedding photographer before I hang any pictures, and it just arrived, so we will actually hang pictures on the bare walls soon.
 

 Up close of some details.
 
 I am thrilled with how this chair turned out
 
 This turquoise bowl has shells I've collected from different trips, and I plan to keep adding to it
 
 This is the view coming in from the garage, the blinds and wall are damaged from Yadi
 
I took this from on top of the kitchen counter
 
One of my favorite things about the living area is the gas fireplace. I use it a lot in the winter. I just love the cozy atmosphere it provides. When I get to watch tv or relax (which seems like hardly ever), I am always down here. This room is really a lady cave for me. Nick has a man cave upstairs, and that's where he watches tv and hangs out. I very rarely go into that area when he is not home. I pass by it, since his man cave is in our loft, but I hardly ever sit down.
 
I plan on posting a kitchen tour next. I hope y'all have a wonderful Hump Day!


6 comments:

  1. It's so beautiful! I'm sorry to hear that you have a situation like that with an ex. But you're right, it's best to keep that stuff as private as possible. There are too many crazies in this world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I love Trinket it every photo, Hawkeye does the same thing! They love the spotlight :) The fireplace is so pretty. My parents have one, but I don't think they've used it since I was a kid and the dogs always try to go in it so there's a gate. Are they hard to maintain?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! Trinket is so cute as usual. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house looks so pretty in the Waterlogue photo! It looks so idyllic. And I love the rug in your living room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! I have never done a house tour on my blog because I'm not real thrilled with it since I moved into Brad's place and it's a 'blended' decor. We have a gas fireplace and I love it too, that is, until I have to pay the gas bill :( Geesh, it's EXPENSIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! Love the color scheme and the fireplace is a perfect focal point... The room is totally put together, but still very inviting!

    ReplyDelete