Thursday, January 16, 2014

Get Out of a Speeding Ticket Casserole

I've seen this recipe on several different blogs, so I'm not sure who to credit it to. This is Bow Tie Fiesta, and is the casserole I was bringing to a friend when I was pulled over for speeding on the Isle of Palms Connector. I am convinced I would have gotten a ticket if it hadn't been for having the casserole right there.
 
You will need:
 
 
8 ounces bow tie pasta
1 pound ground beef
½ onion, chopped (I skip the onion, we don't care for them)
½ green bell pepper, chopped
1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 tablespoon chili powder
Salt to taste
1 cup sour cream

1 cup salsa (I like the salsa from the Publix deli the best)
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
 
Directions:
Cook the pasta using package directions and cooking for 7 minutes; drain. Brown the beef in a skillet, stirring until crumbly; drain. Add the onion and green pepper and mix well. Cook until the onion is tender, stirring constantly. Stir in the tomato sauce, chili powder, and salt. Combine the pasta, ground beef mixture, sour cream,  and salsa in a bowl and mix well. Spoon into a 9×11-inch or 9×9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with the cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes or until brown and bubbly. Yield: 8 servings
I've also made this without meat when my Mom, who is a vegetarian, was visiting.

Seriously so good!!
 I only put green peppers on my half because Nick doesn't like them.
 
Yay for TGIF tomorrow!


2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I like that it got you out of a speeding ticket ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOhh looks soo good. Also, how was I not following you on Google Friend Connect before?? I am now :)

    ReplyDelete