I've seen a few of these posts floating around lately and thought I would do one (although I'm pretty sure I have before) because I don't have much to post on. I am in survival mode trying to finish out this semester.
1. I have come to realize that I am a stressoholic. I have been this way since 7th grade. Every week it is something new - a test, something happening at work, a project, a paper. It needs to stop. I need better coping skills.
2. I loved high school. I have the happiest memories of old Woodmont High. All old high school movies really remind me of high school, including Dazed and Confused.
3. I went to Catholic school until I came to public school for high school. I still think Catholic churches are some of the most peaceful places.
4. When I was a freshman in college I briefly went out with a guy that looked exactly like Woody from Toy Story. I wasn't very impressed with him.
5. I love reading, and I plow through books. I think I am going to read another Mary Kay Andrews book next.
6. I do neck exercises every night before bed because I am afraid of getting a double chin.
7. I have several friends who, like me, grew up in an immigrant household. I think there are certain things you just "get" about each other from being raised in an immigrant household. And yes, some of the stereotypes are correct. I played more than one musical instrument growing up, and My Big Fat Greek Wedding resonates with me.
8. I have stretch marks from having to go on Prednizone for asthma. I hate them, but I've also (kind of) accepted them at this point. Scrubs and moisturizers help (some)!
9. Being the godmother of one of my best friend's son is one of the best things to ever happen to me. I love that child so much.
10. Speaking of the best things that have ever happened to me, marrying Nick is hands down one of the best. No question about it. We aren't perfect, and some times we have a squabble, but our marriage is wonderful. It is a real bright spot in my life with some of my stresses.
TGIF!! I will be presenting my research project tomorrow and I am not even sure how I feel about it. I feel like our poster looks really good, but I am still a bit nervous (see #1).