Friday, March 8, 2013

I heart Pure Barre

While I am happy its Friday, I have a heavy heart today thinking of a dear sweet friend of mine that received some bad news yesterday. I thought of her as I went to sleep last night, and first thing this morning.
 
I almost didn't do my Pure Barre post today, as I can't really concentrate that well since my thoughts are on my friend. However, I don't know how many people she has shared her health diagnosis with, so for today I will just say please pray a special prayer of health and healing for my friend.
 
I tried Pure Barre for the first time yesterday and I L-O-V-E it. I'm not really sure why I had so much fun, as it is torture, but somehow I had a great time. It felt so good to be in a setting that brought me back to dance class.
 
 
I used to take jazz and I miss it so much. I haven't been in a studio since senior year of college.
 
Last weekend I got a film on iTunes called First Position. It is a documentary about dancers, and seeing them practice made me miss dance so much. Seeing the competitions in the film brought back so many of the emotions from competing in pageants and I miss that incredibly.
  
 
I want this body back for my wedding!! As a side note, I am not sure why I look so ridiculously enthused in this picture. Maybe I knew I was about to age out of pageants and I was already thinking about the eating binge I was going to (and did) go on.
 
I would definitely recommend trying Pure Barre if you're interested in trying it. It is no joke a big time workout. I thought I was pretty flexible from yoga, and I thought I was in shape from doing cardio and taking Body Pump, but I was sweaty and shaking within the first ten minutes of class. Today everything is sore. I can't wait to go back.
 
It is one of those classes that goes by super fast because they play music and its fun.
 
I went ahead and got the Pure Barre socks. I hate feet and socks so I will not share a picture of them. They have little grippys on the bottom of them and are thick.
 
I hope everyone has a good weekend!


1 comment:

  1. I can somewhat understand your comment on my blog earlier. While I got married young, Shawn didn't and he got the "so when are you getting married" question all the time. You can only imagine how much he got it being the age he was! He dated a girl for 5.5 years before we started dating (they were broken up over a year and a half tho when we started) and he got that question all the time. He knew deep down she wasn't the one and that was such a hard and uncomfortable question for him. Anyways, I guess I'm feeling some of that with this "are you going to have a baby" question. I just really don't know. Still praying!!

    ReplyDelete