Monday, February 9, 2015

Pageant Weekend Recap

I am on the board for Miss Midlands, and this weekend was our pageant. It is something that is very exciting, and always one of my favorite parts of the year. I always look forward to being on my friend Benson's board, and helping with his pageant.
 
Friday after work I went to barre, and got a mani/pedi. My nails looked like I live in a jungle, and I didn't want to go to a pageant looking like that. Saturday morning I got up and watched The Bachelor for about an hour while I had my coffee. I got ready and drove over the Lexington, which is where the pageant was held. I have been craving Chick Fil A, so a lunch break there was just what the doctor ordered.
 
We had an absolutely wonderful group of contestants this year. I went with the judges to dinner. We went to Travinia, and it was absolutely wonderful. Great food and great service. I will for sure be going there again.
 
After dinner it was show time! All my work was mostly over at this point, and I just sat in the audience and enjoyed myself.
 

We are absolutely thrilled about the winers. I am so, so happy for Benson. He has two wonderful queens going to state this year. He works so hard producing his pageant, and also works so hard to prepare his girls for state.
 
I am not sure what was up with me on Saturday. I am normally very comfortable with my age, in fact, I am happy to be 30 and have many things in my 20s behind me. I usually feel like I left a lot of insecurities behind me in my 20s. Not the case on Saturday. I felt like I was looking very, very old on Saturday. My hair is limp and lifeless. I was also looking chubby, but then I have not really been eating right so I am to blame for that. Anyways, I am not sure if I was dehydrated, tired, the iPhone 6 takes bad pictures or what was going on. 
 
Sunday I went to church, and then took the dogs to downtown Columbia for a long walk. I am still exhausted today. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! You couldn't be the 70 degree weather we had here yesterday.
 photo fran_zps8ed6144f.png

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend! I have never had Chic-fil-a, doesn't help that the closest one is an hour away but I really need to try it! Personally I think you look great in the pic, just remember all the young girlies you were surrounded by for the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great, but when I have been in the pageant circuit in the past few years, I feel the same way. Doesn't do a lot for my self esteem :((((( Gorgeous queen!

    ReplyDelete